Complete this schedule if your organisation is applying for endorsement as a deductible gift recipient (DGR) under the category fire and emergency services (item number 12A.1.3).
Completing your schedule
If you are unable to download the schedule, you can order a paper copy by phoning us on 1300 130 248.
Who should use this schedule
Complete this schedule if your organisation is applying for endorsement as a deductible gift recipient under the category fire and emergency services fund (item number 12A.1.3).
Fire and emergency services fund
A fire and emergency services fund is a public fund that satisfies all of the following requirements:
- it is established and maintained by a non-profit entity or Australian government agency
- the principal activity of the entity is providing volunteer‑based emergency services that are regulated by a state or territory law
- it is established and maintained solely for the purpose of supporting the volunteer-based emergency service activities of the entity.
If your fund does not qualify as a fire and emergency services fund, check the DGR table to see if another category applies.
How to complete this schedule
In this schedule, when we say:
- ‘constituent or governing document’, we mean an organisation’s trust deed, constitution, rules, memorandum and articles of association, statute or charter
- a ‘clause’ in the constituent or governing document, we mean a rule, section, paragraph or other element of the document.
This schedule should be completed by a person authorised by the organisation to act on its behalf.
You must complete this schedule in full. Schedules that are not completed in full will be returned to the applicant. If you cannot save a completed copy of this schedule, print a copy before closing the schedule.
If you need help completing this schedule, phone us on 1300 130 248.
For details about the personal information we collect from you, see Privacy notice – Fire and Emergency services.
Lodging your schedule
Make sure you have completed the declaration at the end of the schedule and print the completed schedule.
If you are:
- completing this schedule as part of the ACNC) charity registration application process attach the completed schedule to the ACNC charity registration application form where indicated
- not completing this schedule as part of the ACNC charity registration application process, send the completed schedule with the Application for endorsement as a deductible gift recipient ( (NAT 2948) to
Australian Taxation Office
PO Box 3373
PENRITH NSW 2740