About this guide
Use this guide to work out deductions you can claim for expenses you incur for things to be done in a later income year.
Find out about:
- What is a prepaid expense?
- What are the prepayment rules?
- General deduction provisions and certain research and development provisions
- Investments in tax shelter arrangements
- Individual taxpayers incurring deductible non-business expenditure
- Small business entities still using the simplified tax system (STS) accounting method
- Taxpayers carrying on a business incurring deductible business expenditure
- Carrying on a business incurring deductible non-business expenditure