- Use a black pen.
- Print X in all applicable boxes.
- Print neatly using BLOCK LETTERS. (If you are mailing this claim and we cannot read your writing, we may have to contact you and this may delay the processing of your education tax refund claim.)
- Do not show cents anywhere on the claim.
Lodge your Education tax refund for individuals 2011 by 31 October 2011.
Electronic funds transfer (EFT)
It's faster and simpler to have your refund paid directly to your financial institution account. Complete your account details even if you have provided them to us previously. Joint accounts are acceptable. If you do not provide the required information, your refund cheque will be mailed to you.
Complete the following:
Print the bank state branch (BSB) number. This six-digit number identifies the financial institution. Do not include spaces, dashes or hyphens in the number.
Print the account number. You cannot use an account number with more than nine characters. Do not include spaces in the account number.
Print the account name, as shown on your account records. Do not print the account type (for example, savings, cheque or mortgage offset). Include spaces between each word and between initials in the account name. The account name must not exceed 32 characters.
Check that you have:
- completed all the other items on the claim
- provided totals (if more than zero) at L, W and X at item 10
- signed and dated the declaration
- written your account details to have your refund paid directly into your financial institution account.
Do not attach payment summaries to your Education tax refund for individuals 2011.