Stock exchange listing method
If you are claiming an exemption from the FIF measures under the active business exemption using the stock exchange listing method, keep records relating to:
- the name of the approved stock exchange in which the class of interests to which your FIF interest belongs was listed
- the class of the company designated by
- the approved stock exchange, or
- the approved international sectoral classification system
- the activities that the company is engaged in.
Balance sheet method
If you are claiming an active business exemption from the FIF measures using the balance sheet method, keep records of the gross value of all of the company's assets shown in the balance sheet and to what extent the assets are held at the balance date for use in eligible activities.
Where the foreign holding company is the direct or indirect owner of 50% or more of the paid-up share capital of another company - subsidiary - the holding company may use the gross value of the subsidiary's assets for the balance sheet method. Keep records of the subsidiary's assets as shown in its balance sheet and of the extent to which the assets are held at the balance date for use in eligible activities. For more information, read Appendix 2: Business activities that are not eligible activities.