ato logo

Who must keep records?

Last updated 7 June 2005

If you are a resident of Australia at any time during an income year and have an interest in a FIF at the end of that year or an interest in a FLP during that year, you must make and keep records in Australia. This includes a foreign branch of an Australian company which has an interest in a FIF or FLP. [SECTIONS 485 and 614]

If you are an attributable taxpayer in respect of a CFC or CFT that holds an interest in a FIF or FLP, you are subject to similar record keeping requirements for the CFC or CFT. [DIVISION 11 of Part X]