ato logo
Search Suggestion:

Objection to self-assessment

Last updated 12 February 2019

If a trustee wants to object to the calculation of taxable income calculated according to an ATO ruling or policy that is unfavourable to the fund, they may dispute the application of a ruling or policy by lodging an objection to the self-assessment, generally within four years of the deemed assessment date. The objection must state the full particulars of the issue in dispute.