ato logo
Search Suggestion:

How to make a change to your application

Last updated 9 January 2005

If you need to change the dividend or distribution details you lodged with us, please write to the address above explaining the change required. Do not lodge another application.

The example letter below will help you. In your letter please include your TFN, your contact details and what needs to be changed. Make sure you sign and date the letter and include the declaration as shown in bold in the example letter below.

If you claim too much franking credit, you may have to repay the extra amount with interest.


If your income has increased, check whether you need to lodge a tax return as a result of the change. If you are unsure, please phone 13 28 61.

Jackie Spencer
2 Badgery Rd
Isabella 6905

Tax file number: 123 456 789
Telephone: (01) 2345 6789

Dear Deputy Commissioner

Please amend my 2004 refund of franking credits application. I have received another dividend statement for the period 1 July 2003 to 30 June 2004. Please increase my franked amount by $70 and my franking credit amount by $30.

I declare that all the information I have given in this letter is true and correct.

J. Spencer

Jackie Spencer
23 October 2004