ato logo
Search Suggestion:

Can I use this application?

Last updated 5 March 2020

If you answer yes to all the points below, you can use the application form.

Note: All the questions relate to the income year 1 July 2004 to 30 June 2005.

  • You do not have to lodge a tax return. (If you are not sure whether you need to lodge a tax return, phone 13 28 61.)
  • You were an Australian resident for tax purposes for the whole tax year. (If you were not sure whether you were an Australian resident, see Were you an Australian resident for the whole income year?)
  • You are not claiming a refund for a deceased estate.
  • Your total dividend income was $6,000 or less.
    If you were under 18 on 30 June 2005, your total dividend income was $416 or less.
  • You received dividends from shares (and/or non-share equity interests) in an Australian or New Zealand company.
    You were entitled to distributions from investments in a managed fund.
  • Your dividend or distribution statement showed franking credits (statements from New Zealand companies must show Australian franking credits, not just New Zealand imputation credits).
    Amounts were withheld from your dividends because you did not provide a tax file number.

You must answer yes to all these points to be able to use this application

If you have franking credits but you did not answer yes to all the points, you will need to lodge a tax return to claim the benefit of these credits.