ato logo
Search Suggestion:

How to make a change to your application

Last updated 14 July 2020

If you need to change the dividend or distribution details you lodged with us, write to the address on this page explaining the change required. Do not lodge another application.

In your letter, include your TFN, your contact details and what needs to be changed. Make sure you sign and date the letter and include the following declaration: 'I declare that all the information I have given in this letter is true and correct.'

If you claim too much franking credit, you may have to repay the extra amount with interest.

Important: If your income has increased, check whether you need to lodge a tax return as a result of the change. If you are unsure, phone 13 28 61.