In the last week of June 2014, a personalised refund application form was sent to the following organisations that applied for, and received, a refund of franking credits for the 2012-13 year:
- charities that are endorsed by us as exempt from income tax
- entities endorsed by us as deductible gift recipients in their own right
- entities that are deductible gift recipients listed by name in the tax law
- entities that are prescribed as exempt institutions and eligible for a refund under the regulations
- public funds declared by the Treasurer to be developing country relief funds
- income tax exempt funds endorsed on or before 31 December 2013.
If your organisation wants to apply for a refund of franking credits but you have not yet received a refund package, phone us on 1300 130 248. You can also phone us to request replacement forms.
An income tax exempt fund, under repealed item 4.1 of section 50-20 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997, that was endorsed on or before 31 December 2013 is treated as an endorsed charity that is exempt from income tax. As a consequence it can continue to use the application.
- Download the sample application for refund of franking credits (NAT 4131, PDF, 240KB)This link will download a file.
Note: This application form is provided as a 'sample only'. Do not complete and submit this copy of the form.
- Complete the application in full and follow the instructions to avoid delays in processing your organisation's application.
- Read Instructions for refund of franking credits: NFP endorsed entities 2013 - 2014.
Recent changes to the tax law mean your organisation now has objection rights and time limits in which to amend claims for tax offset refunds (here being a refund of franking credits). The changes apply to franking credits attached to dividend income and attached to franked distribution entitlements for the year ended 30 June 2014 onwards. The changes also mean your claim for (or an amendment of) a tax offset refund will be subject to an income tax assessment. For further details, please refer to the documents listed under the heading 'More information'.
There are time limits for requesting an amendment to an assessment. We cannot amend an assessment if the time limit has passed.
Find out about:
Find out about:
- Refund of franking credits information 2013-14
- Refund of franking credits - frequently asked questions.