Section B of Schedule 25A refers to foreign branches of Australian companies, controlled foreign companies (CFCs), foreign investment funds (FIFs), foreign life insurance policies (FLPs) and controlled foreign trusts (CFTs), and is to be completed in all cases where the answer is yes to any of the following:
- item 23 of the Company tax return 2009
- S or T item 22 of the Partnership tax return 2009
- S or T item 22 of the Trust tax return 2009
- C item 16 of the Fund income tax return 2009.
If section B is required, item 11, and items 13 to 17 (which are all Y for yes and N for no questions), must be answered in all cases. Leave other items blank if they do not apply.
For the purposes of section B:
- 'listed countries' are countries listed in Part 1 of Schedule 10 of the Income Tax Regulations 1936 (ITR 1936)
- 'section 404 countries' are countries listed in Part 2 of Schedule 10 of the ITR 1936
- an 'unlisted country' is a country that is not shown in Schedule 10 of the ITR 1936.