Complete this notice of re-contribution only if you:
- received a COVID-19 early release of super amount
- are likely to exceed your non-concessional contribution cap in the year you make the re-contribution
- want to re-contribute up to the amount released without the contributions counting towards your non-concessional cap
- have confirmed that your super fund can accept contributions
- can be made between 1 July 2021 and 30 June 2030 (subject to the specific rules of your super fund)
- cannot exceed the total amount of super accessed under the COVID-19 early release of super
- cannot be claimed as a personal superannuation deduction.
You can re-contribute COVID-19 early release amounts using any amounts available to you.
- This method of re-contributing superannuation amounts will not count towards your non-concessional contributions cap.
If you will not exceed your non-concessional contribution cap other contribution types may be available. You may wish to seek professional advice about the contribution type most suited to your circumstances.
Super fund details
You can find your super fund’s ABN and your member account number by checking your list of accounts on ATO Online or in your member statement.
The fund ABN can also be found in your product disclosure statement.
You can also search for their details on Super Fund LookupExternal Link.
Note: SMSF members can leave the member account number and unique superannuation identifier (USI) blank.
Complete the Notice of re-contribution of COVID-19 early release amounts (PDF, 270KB)This link will download a file form to contribute super amounts as a re-contribution of COVID-19 early release.
You need to provide this form to your super fund before or at the time you make your contribution. Your fund will report this information to us.Form and instructions for super fund members making a re-contribution of COVID-19 early release super amounts (NAT 75394).