Lodging online has the advantages of:
- reducing your paperwork (you don't send forms to us)
- eliminating the possibility of loss or damage to your paper documents sent by mail
- allowing you to lodge reports after hours
- ensuring you complete all reports correctly (using inbuilt checks)
- providing you with an online confirmation of your lodgment.
If you lodge your reporting obligations online, you can now accept a payees' electronic signature on an electronic TFN declaration form. Refer to the TFN declaration – approved electronic payee to payer processExternal Link.
Note: You may need to submit 'Yes' on the Disclaimer page.
We recommend you report every 14 days to ensure you meet your reporting obligation. If you don't receive any TFN declarations in a 14-day period, there is no need to lodge a report.
Don't lodge your report or payees’ completed TFN declarations with us if:
- you’re using Single Touch Payroll (STP) Phase 2-enabled reporting software
- Your STP Phase 2 reporting already includes the information we need.
- You must keep your employees' completed TFN declarations for your records.
- your payee has given you a printout of their employee tax details summary from ATO online services but you must keep a copy for your records.
You can lodge your report with us online using either:
- File transfer facility through Online services for agents or Online services for business
- Standard Business Reporting (SBR)External Link
- To use SBR, your accounting or payroll software must be SBR enabled.
- You can check with your digital service provider if your software is enabled.
You must keep your payees' completed TFN declarations for your records.Lodging your TFN declaration data online is a quick, secure way to meet your reporting obligations.