Value of other depreciating assets
This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
STS taxpayers - do not complete this item.
Did you stop holding or using any other depreciating assets?
You need to know
At item P18 you include the termination values for other depreciating assets - including assets allocated to a low-value pool - that you stopped holding or using during the year (for example, assets sold, lost or destroyed).
Generally, the termination value is the amount you receive or are deemed to receive in relation to the asset that you stopped holding or using. It includes the market value of any non-cash benefits such as goods and services you receive for the asset.
For more information on termination value, see the Guide to depreciating assets 2005.
Completing this question
Last modified: 15 Mar 2007QC 27592
Add up the amounts you received or are deemed to have received for all depreciating assets that you stopped holding or using in your business other than:
- intangible depreciating assets
- assets allocated to a general STS pool or a long-life
STS pool in a prior year
- low-cost assets for which an immediate deduction has been allowed under the STS rules
- buildings or structures for which a deduction is available under the capital works provisions
- assets used in research and development activities
- assets falling within the provisions relating to investments in Australian films.
Write this amount at K item P18 on page 4 of your schedule. Do not show cents.