Show download pdf controls
  • More information



    This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.

    End of attention


    Publications referred to in these instructions

    • Capital gains tax (CGT) schedule 2014 (NAT 3423)
    • Company tax return instructions 2014 (NAT 0669)
    • Taxation Ruling TR 2007/2External Link - Income tax: application of the same business test to consolidated and MEC groups - principally, the interaction between section 165-210 and section 701-1 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997
    • Guide to capital gains tax 2014 (NAT 4151)
    • Income Tax Assessment Act 1936
    • Income Tax Assessment Act 1997
    • Income Tax (Transitional Provisions) Act 1997
    • Market valuation for tax purposes
    • Taxation Ruling TR 1999/9External Link - Income tax: the operation of sections 165-13 and 165-210, paragraph 165-35(b), section 165-126 and section 165-132
    • Taxation Ruling TR 2004/9External Link - Income tax: consolidation: what is meant by 'injection of capital' in section 707-325 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997?

    To get an ATO publication

    If you are not a tax agent

    • go to for publications, taxation rulings, practice statements and forms
    • phone 1300 720 092
    • go to one of our shopfronts.

    If you are a tax agent



    13 28 66

    Information about business income tax, fringe benefits tax (FBT), fuel tax credits (FTC), goods and services tax (GST), pay as you go (PAYG) and activity statements, including lodgment and payment, accounts and business registration (including Australian business number and tax file number), and dividend and royalty withholding tax.

    Tax agents

    13 72 86

    For enquiries from registered tax agents.


    13 28 61

    Individual income tax and general personal tax enquiries.


    13 10 20

    Other services

    If you do not speak English well and want to talk to a tax officer, phone the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) on 13 14 50 for help with your call.

    If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment, contact us through the National Relay Service (NRS). For more information, go to Link

    Last modified: 30 Oct 2014QC 40265