A Net capital gain
This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
The fund’s net capital gain is the total current year capital gains less the current year capital losses, prior year net capital losses and any other relevant concession.
Show at A the amount of net capital gain calculated or transferred from:
- 6A at part 6 of the CGT summary worksheet
- A at part 6 of the CGT schedule, if one is required.
Net capital gain includes:
- net foreign source capital gains
- the capital gains component of the fund’s share of net income received from a trust
- any capital gains made by the fund from a forestry managed investment scheme. See CGT information included at X Forestry managed investment scheme income item 10.
Do not show at A any net capital gain to the extent it reflects any non-arm’s length capital gains of a complying superannuation fund, complying ADF or a PST. Show this amount at U Net non-arm’s length income.
Find out more
How to calculate the fund’s net capital gain or for special CGT rules that apply to foreign residents or trustees of foreign trusts or subsequent participants in a Forestry Managed Investment Scheme, see the Guide to capital gains tax 2014.
End of find out more
The fund may need to complete a Losses schedule 2014. For more information, see Schedules, and the Losses schedule instructions 2014 (NAT 4088).
Last modified: 05 Nov 2014QC 40267