This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
For more information about capital gains tax, you can:
- access the ATO's e-tax 2001 software package (via the ATO's website-see below) which has a module that includes a calculator for capital gains and capital losses
- obtain a copy of the shorter, simpler Personal investors guide to capital gains tax which covers the sale of shares, units and distributions from managed funds and is designed mainly for individuals
- download fact sheets and other information from our website at www.ato.gov.au
- phone the ATO on 13 28 61
- seek advice from a professional tax adviser.
If you do not speak English and need help from the ATO, phone the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) on 13 14 50.
People with a hearing or speech impairment can phone the Telephone Typewriter Service on 1300 130 478.
Last modified: 31 Aug 2010QC 16195