Super co-contributions workbook 2011-12
You can download this publication in Portable Document Format (PDF) - download Super co-contributions workbook 2012 (NAT 73495, PDF, 536KB).
This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
Use this workbook only if question A3 Super co-contribution in the Individual tax return instructions 2012 told you to.
- This workbook will help you complete item A3 on page 7 of your 2012 tax return.
- Do not use any of the worksheets in the Individual tax return instructions to complete A3.
- Use this workbook only and keep it with your tax records.
- Do not lodge this workbook with your 2012 tax return.
Throughout this workbook when we refer to 'item X' we refer to the item numbered X on your 2012 tax return, and when we refer to your 2012 tax return, we refer to all of the following, whether or not you have used them all:
- Tax return for individuals 2012
- Tax return for individuals (supplementary section) 2012
- Business and professional items schedule for individuals 2012.
See the glossary for the specific meaning of the following terms for the purposes of this workbook:
- business deductions
- business income
- eligible income
- employment income
- ineligible income
- joint income
- joint income group
- solely earned income
- temporary resident
- total income.
Why we need information at A3
We use item A3 to ensure you receive your correct entitlement to a super co-contribution. When we work out your super co-contribution, we use your 2012 tax return to work out your eligible income and assessable income.
In some cases we need additional information to determine these amounts and calculate your entitlement. For example, we will treat your partnership distributions shown at item 13 as ineligible income unless you tell us otherwise by completing item A3.
Last modified: 29 Jun 2012QC 25662