Individuals and sole traders
Manage your tax and super in one place using our online services for individuals and sole traders. All you need is a myGov account linked to the ATO.
myGov is a fast, simple way to access government services online. A secure myGov account lets you link to a range of Australian Government services with one username and password, all in one place.
What can you do with us online?
- lodge your tax return using myTax – or tell us if you don't need to lodge a tax return
- check the progress of your tax return
- lodge your claim for a refund of franking credits
- view or amend your 2015 tax return
- view your notices of assessment
- find and manage your super
- lodge, view and revise activity statements
- manage your PAYG instalments
- print your lodged activity statements
- make a payment or create a payment plan
- view your tax and activity statement account balance and transactions
- view your study and training support loan account balance and transactions
- view and update your contact details
- view and update your name and date of birth
- receive most of your personal ATO letters directly to your myGov Inbox, rather than through the post.
We'll notify you through your myGov Inbox when your activity statement or instalment notice is ready.
You can manage your activity statements and PAYG instalments from any device – computer, phone or tablet, by signing into your myGov account and accessing ATO services.
Log in or create a myGov account
Already have a myGov account but forgotten your username or password?
Click the links to recover your usernameExternal Link or recover your passwordExternal Link.
Duration 04:02. A transcript of How to create a myGov account and link to the ATO is also available.
Once you have set up your myGov account and linked the ATO, you will have the opportunity to enrol and use your voiceprint in the ATO app for fast, easy and secure access to our online services.
To enrol your voiceprint, simply log into our online services for individuals through the app and follow the prompts. Once enrolled, you can use your voice to verify your identity the next time you use our app or phone us.
This year, myTax was upgraded and is now available for all individuals including sole traders. This video will help sole traders understand how to complete the business section in myTax.
Our online services are a secure way for individuals and sole traders to access information and services for your tax and super affairs.