With so many Australians experiencing financial difficulty due to COVID-19, our priority is to provide help and support to those who need it most.
If you've made a claim and made genuine mistakes, we'll help you resolve them. We want to give you the support you need, without the worry of accruing a debt, repaying money or getting penalised for genuine mistakes.
We know that most Australians are honest and do the right thing. However there are a handful of people who try to take advantage and exploit the system for their own financial gain.
We will not tolerate anyone engaging in illegal behaviour or developing contrived schemes designed to take advantage of the COVID-19 stimulus packages. Where people deliberately exploit the system, we will take action. We've already seen some examples of people doing the wrong thing, and we've acted quickly and decisively.
Unusual transactions are noticed, referred and reported quickly, and the most serious cases will be investigated by the Serious Financial Crime Taskforce.
Compliance is firmly on our radar to ensure fairness for all.
If you're concerned that someone is doing the wrong thing, tell us about it using either the confidential tip-off hotline or online tip-off form.
- Keeping JobKeeper payment fair
- Practical compliance guideline: Schemes in relation to the JobKeeper payment
- COVID-19 Early release of super
- Cash flow boost for employers – fraudulent arrangements
- Instant asset write-off for eligible businesses
- Backing business investment – accelerated depreciation
- Loss carry back tax offset