You can update or nominate authorised contacts to act on your behalf and receive information about your tax affairs.
There are 2 different types of authorised contacts:
- primary contacts who can act on your behalf for all of your tax affairs
- account contacts who can act on your behalf for specific accounts, such as income tax, activity statement or superannuation.
To update your authorised contacts online using either ATO online services or the ATO app, follow these steps:
- To use ATO online services
- sign in to your myGov accountExternal Link
- under Linked services, select Australian Taxation Office
- select My profile, then Authorised contacts
- To use the ATO app
- select More, then My details
- go to the link View and update additional details via ATO Online, including authorised contacts.
- Follow these steps to either
For a new authorised contact, add these details:
- Select Add next to either
- Primary contacts to give them the authority to deal with us about all your tax and super affairs
- All contacts to give them the authority to deal with us about specific tax accounts (such as income tax or super), select.
- Enter the details for the authorised contact.
- Select the specific account or accounts you want to give access to (if you selected All accounts).
- Select the box to agree to sign the declaration.
- Select Save.
You can update or remove an existing authorised contact by selecting Delete or Update next to the authorised contact. Select Save after you've made your changes.
Have your personal tax file number (TFN) ready – we will establish your identity by asking you questions about your tax records.
You can add or update a new authorised contact by post using the Change of details for individuals form. Download and complete the form, then post it to the address on the form.
It can take up to 28 days to update your records after we receive the form.How to add or update your authorised contacts online, by phone or by post.