Objections and Review is committed to improving your experience when dealing with us. We recognise that when disputes are not managed well, the effects can be long-lasting and costly for everyone.
This ‘Service Commitment’ sets out the way Objections and Review will manage and resolve disputes with you. In the context of this ‘Service Commitment’, a dispute refers to an objection, a review by the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) or an appeal to a Court.
When you have a dispute, Objections and Review will:
- treat you fairly and with respect
- contact you and actively listen and understand your views, and any different perspectives regarding the application of the law and your circumstances
- deal with the issue in a timely manner, seeking to understand and accommodate any issues of commercial urgency where possible
- keep you or your representative informed of progress with your objection
- ensure we act objectively and exercise judgment to make decisions that provide fair and reasonable outcomes, all within the context of the rule of law
- discuss with you the options available to resolve the disagreement or dispute, including opportunities for settlement or alternative dispute resolution, such as in-house facilitation
- talk to you before making an adverse decision and explain our thinking, including any reasons for not accepting your contentions
- explain our obligations to act as a model litigant.
- Obligation to act as a model litigant
- Code of settlement
- Large market independent review - turnover over $250m
- ATO plain English guide to alternative dispute resolution
- In-house facilitation