ato logo
Search Suggestion:

Dispute interest or penalties

You can ask us to remit (reduce) interest charges or remit (reduce) or cancel penalties on unpaid tax liabilities.

Find out how we apply interest and how to ask us to remit (reduce) your interest charges.

Find out why we apply penalties, how to ask us to remit (reduce) or cancel a penalty, and how we assess requests.