You must be eligible to use this service
MyTax could be ideal for you if:
- you were an Australian resident for tax purposes from 1 July 2013 to 30 June 2014
- your only income was from salary and wages, allowances, bank interest, dividends and/or Australian Government payments
- your only deductions are for work-related expenses, expenses relating to income from interest or dividends, gifts and donations and/or the cost of managing your own tax affairs
- your only tax offsets are the Seniors and pensioners tax offset, the zone and overseas forces tax offset and/or the private health insurance rebate.
You are not eligible to use myTax 2014 if any of the following applied to you during the 2013-14 financial year.
- business income or loss, including as an independent contractor
- rental property
- distribution from a partnership or trust, including a managed investment trust
- capital gain or loss
- foreign income
- lump sum payment
- a discount on an employee share scheme
- superannuation income stream
- superannuation lump sum payment
- employment termination payment
- deductions for personal superannuation contributions
- dividend deductions greater than dividend income
- tax-free government pension or payment
- you paid child support
- credit for interest on early payments.
You are also not eligible to use myTax 2014 if you had a spouse (married or de facto) and any of the following applied:
- You made superannuation contributions on their behalf.
- Your spouse had foreign income.
- Your spouse received a superannuation lump sum with a taxed element and it was paid on or after their 55th birthday and before their 60th birthday.
- Your spouse paid child support to a third party.
You are not eligible to use myTax 2014 if your income less than $48,516 and both the following applied:
- You made a personal super contribution.
- You had joint income (eg. a joint bank account).
You are also not eligible to use myTax 2014 if you were entitled to any of the following tax offsets:
- Spouse (without dependent child or student)
- Net medical expenses
- Dependent (invalid and carer).
You are not eligible to use myTax 2014 if you either:
- became an Australian resident during 2013-14 or
- stopped being an Australian resident during 2013-14.
If you are eligible to use myTax, you can Lodge online.Instructions on completing your individual tax return using myTax.