We may have pre-filled your return with payment summary information provided to us. Check for any of the following payments you received that are not pre filled and ensure you add them:
- age pension
- bereavement allowance
- carer payment
- disability support pension, if you have reached age-pension age
- education entry payment
- parenting payment (single)
- widow B pension
- wife pension, if either you or your partner was of age-pension age
- age service pension
- income support supplement
- Defence Force income support allowance (DFISA) where the pension, payment or allowance to which it relates is taxable
- DFISA-like payment from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA)
- invalidity service pension, if you have reached age-pension age
- partner service pension.
Answering this question
You will need:
- your PAYG payment summary – individual non-business, or
- a letter from the agency that paid your pension, allowance or payment stating the amount you received.
If you have not received this information, contact the agency that paid you.
Completing your tax return
1. Select the button labelled 'Australian Government payments such as pensions and carer payments'.
2. From your payment summary or letter enter:
- the benefit description
- your taxable amount
- the tax withheld
- your remote area allowance (if any).
3. Click on 'Save'.