Your spouse includes another person (whether of the same sex or opposite sex) who:
- you were in a relationship with during 2013–14 and the relationship was registered under a prescribed state or territory law
- although not legally married to you during 2013–14, lived with you on a genuine domestic basis in a relationship as a couple during the year.
Answering this question
You will need:
- your spouse’s tax return
- your spouse’s PAYG payment summary – individual non-business
If your spouse did not lodge a tax return, you will need to obtain the information required from your spouse or their records.
If you had more than one spouse during 2013–14, complete this section with the details for your spouse on 30 June 2014, or for your last spouse during 2013–14.
Completing your tax return
- If you had a spouse during 2013–14 you must complete Spouse details - married or de facto on your tax return.
- Enter all of the information relating to your spouse's income. If the amount is zero, write 0.
If you need more information, read Spouse details.Instructions on completing your individual tax return using myTax.