This section is about dividends from shares in Australian companies.
We have pre-filled your tax return with dividend information provided to us. Check for dividends you received that are not shown in the information that has been pre-filled and add them.
Dividends and distributions include:
- dividends applied under a dividend reinvestment plan
- dividends that were dealt with on your behalf
- bonus shares that qualify as dividends
- distributions by a corporate limited partnership
- dividends paid by a corporate unit trust, public trading trust or listed investment company.
Earnings you received, or were credited with, on a non-share equity interest may also be included as dividends.
Answering this question
You will need your statements from each Australian company that paid you dividends or made distributions to you between 1 July 2014 and 30 June 2015 inclusive.
Do not include dividends or a distribution on which family trust distribution tax has been paid.
Find out more
Go to Dividends and franking credits to find out how to complete this question if:
- you received a dividend as a result of a dividend washing arrangement
- you had shares and were under an obligation to make, or were likely to make, a related payment
- you, within 45 days of buying shares (90 days for certain preference shares), either
- sold them, or
- entered into an arrangement to reduce the risk of making a loss on them.
Go to Amounts that are treated as unfranked dividends to find out how to complete this question if you received or were credited with amounts:
- by a private company, as a shareholder or associate of a shareholder, in the form of payments, loans or debts forgiven
- by a trustee of a trust in the form of payments, loans or debts forgiven where a private company in which you were a shareholder, or an associate of a shareholder, had an unpaid present entitlement from the trust.
Completing your tax return
- Look at your information and check any details pre-filled in your tax return. Add
missing dividends by clicking on the 'Add dividend' button and completing all the information. Include details of any joint accounts.
- Click on 'Save'.