We have pre-filled your tax return with payment summary information provided to us. Check for salary or wages (including lump sum A, B or D payments) you received that are not pre-filled and ensure you add them.
Include income from any of the following:
- salary and wages
- income from part-time or casual work
- parental leave pay
- Dad and Partner Pay
- amounts for lost salary or wages paid under
- an income protection policy
- a sickness or accident insurance policy, or
- a workers compensation scheme.
You should also include any other payments from working such as:
- employment allowances – for example, car, travel, meals, entertainment, tools, clothing, laundry and site allowances
- tips, gratuities
- consultation fees
- payments for voluntary and other services.
Lump sum A and B payments received from your employer are for:
- unused annual leave
- unused long service leave.
Lump sum D payments are early retirement scheme and genuine redundancy payments. They are not taxed but you still need to show them.
Answering this question
You need your PAYG payment summary – individual non-business and any other comparable statements. Ask your employer or payer for a summary or statement if you did not receive one.
Completing your tax return
1. Select from the drop-down menu ‘Salary, wages, allowances, tips, bonuses etc'
2. Using your payment summary or other statement enter the following information:
- the payer's name
- the payer's Australian business number (ABN) if known
- the tax withheld
- the gross payment amounts
- any Community development employment project (CDEP) payments
- any reportable fringe benefits amount of $3,773 or more
- any reportable employer superannuation contributions
- any allowances
- any other employment type income that has not been pre-filled to your return – such as tips, consultation fees, commissions, casual job income, income protection, sickness and accident insurance policy payments and payments for voluntary or other services
- any workplace giving amounts
- any union or professional association fees
- any lump sum A amount, and select the type
- any lump sum B amount
- any lump sum D amount.
3. Click on 'Save'.
4. Click on 'Add payment summary' to enter the details for each additional payment summary or other payment.Instructions on completing your individual tax return using myTax.