Did you have a spouse during 2014–15?
Your spouse includes another person (of any sex) who:
- you were in a relationship with that was registered under a prescribed state or territory law
- although not legally married to you, lived with you on a genuine domestic basis in a relationship as a couple.
Answering this question
You will need:
- your spouse’s tax return
- your spouse’s PAYG payment summary – individual non-business
- if your spouse had child support obligations, the details of the amount of child support they paid (your spouse can get this information from Services Australia).
If your spouse did not lodge a tax return, you will need to obtain the information required from your spouse or their records.
If you had more than one spouse during 2014–15, complete this section with the details for your spouse on 30 June 2015, or for your last spouse during 2014–15.
Completing your tax return
- If you had a spouse during 2014–15 you must complete Spouse details - married or de facto on your tax return.
- Enter all of the information relating to your spouse's income. If the amount is zero, enter 0.
If you need more information, read Spouse details.Instructions on completing your individual tax return using myTax.