We have pre-filled your tax return with payment summary information provided to us. Check for Australian superannuation lump sum payments you received that are not pre-filled and ensure you add them.
This section is about Australian superannuation lump sum payments or superannuation death benefit payments you received, including those paid by:
- superannuation funds
- approved deposit funds
- retirement savings account providers
- life insurance companies.
It is also about any:
- amounts we paid to you in respect of the superannuation guarantee charge or the superannuation holding accounts special account
- payments you received from the unclaimed money registers.
Do not show on your tax return any:
- death benefit lump sum payments you received as a dependant of the deceased (see the definition of death benefit dependant)
- taxed element of a superannuation lump sum payment you received on or after your 60th birthday, unless it is a death benefit superannuation lump sum payment paid to you as a non-dependant
- amounts paid to you because you have a terminal medical condition
- departing Australia superannuation payments
- superannuation lump sum payment received as the trustee of a deceased estate
- amounts released under a 'release authority' issued to you because of an excess contributions tax assessment.
Completing this section
You will need your PAYG payment summary – superannuation lump sum. If you have not received it, contact your payer.
- For each payment summary that has not been pre-filled in your tax return, select Add and enter information into the corresponding fields.
If your payment summary shows a tax-free component, this amount will not be included in your taxable income.
- For each payment summary, answer the question Is this a death benefit?
- Select Save.
- Select Save and continue.