We have shown pre-filled information provided to us by companies or through a partnership distribution relating to exploration credits that you may be eligible to claim.
You can claim the following as other refundable tax offsets:
- tax paid by the trustee of a Special disability trust where you are the principal beneficiary
- exploration credits.
Tax paid by the trustee of a Special disability trust where you are the principal beneficiary
If the trustee of the Special disability trust has lodged a tax return and paid tax on the net income of the trust, you are entitled to claim the amount of the tax paid by the trustee as a refundable tax offset.
For more information, see Special disability trusts - tax return lodgment instructions.
You may be entitled to a tax offset for exploration credits received during the income year if you were an Australian resident for the whole of the income year.
The amount of the tax offset is the total value of exploration credits you received in the income year. However, special rules may apply where you have received exploration credits from a partnership or a trust.
For more information, see Exploration Development Incentive.
Completing this section
- If you can claim both tax offsets listed above, you will need to add up both tax offset amounts before entering the total at this section. Only include your share of the offsets you are entitled to claim.
- Select the code type:
- if you are claiming a tax offset as the principal beneficiary of a Special disability trust, select S
- if you are claiming a tax offset for exploration credits, select E
- if you claiming both tax offsets, select M.
- Select Save and continue when you have completed the Offsets section.