Distributions on which family trust distribution tax is payable include:
- income and property from a trust or partnership
- dividends and property from a company
- the use of property owned by the trust, partnership or company for which you have not paid full value, such as the free use of a holiday house.
For more information see Amount on which family trust distribution tax has been paid.
Completing this section
The trust, partnership or company should be able to tell you if family trust distribution tax has been paid on a distribution to you.
- Add up the amounts or value of all distributions to you by a trust, partnership or company during 2016–17 which would have been assessable income if family trust distribution tax had not been paid.
- Add up all the expenses which you would have been able to claim as a deduction if the distributions had been included in your assessable income.
- Take away your step 2 amount from your step 1 amount.
- Enter the amount from step 3 in your tax return.
- Select Save and continue.