You may be eligible for a super co-contribution if:
- you made an eligible personal super contribution (not including amounts which you are claiming as a deduction) to a complying super fund or retirement savings account
- you were under 71 years old on 30 June 2017
- your taxable income for 2016–17 was less than $51,021, and
- at least some of your income was from employment or business (including from a partnership).
Low income super contribution
You may be eligible for a low income super contribution if:
- your adjusted taxable income (ATI) was less than or equal to $37,000
- concessional contributions were made to your complying super fund, and
- 10% or more of your total income was from employment or business income (including from a partnership) or a combination of both.
For more information see Government super contributions.
Completing this section
- You must use the Work it out button to calculate the amounts to be included in your tax return. These amounts are used to ensure you receive the correct amount of Government super contributions.
- Select Save and continue when you have completed the Adjustments section.
- If you change any income or deductions in your return, select the Work it out button again to update these amounts.