If you were not an Australian resident for tax purposes for the whole 2016–17 year, we use the information you provide in your tax return to work out your tax-free threshold.
If you want to work it out, see:
- Tax-free threshold for newcomers to Australia or
- Tax-free threshold if you are leaving Australia permanently.
Completing this section
- If you were not an Australian resident for tax purposes for the whole year, enter the dates when you were a resident on the Personalise return screen.
- On the Adjustments screen answer the question 'Did you receive any taxable government benefits other than Australian Government special payments?'.
- Select Save and continue when you have completed the Adjustments section.