Based on the selections on the Personalise return screen, myTax will automatically display some deductions.
The following deductions are automatically displayed
If you have salary or wage income:
- Work-related car expenses
- Work-related travel expenses
- Work-related uniform, occupation specific or protective clothing, laundry and dry-cleaning expenses
- Work-related self-education expenses
- Other work-related expenses
If you have a foreign pension or annuity:
Deductions you will need to select if they are relevant to you
- Work-related expenses
- Income protection, sickness and accident insurance premiums
- other deductions which includes
If you have used our ATO app's myDeductions tool during the year, you can upload your data to the ATO and we can then pre-fill your tax return.
To upload your data to the ATO:
- Open myDeductions in the ATO app
- Go to 'Settings'
- Select 'Upload to tax return' and complete the process.
If you have completed the upload process after starting your myTax return, select Get myDeductions on the Personalise screen to pre-fill your return with your data.
For more information, see myDeductions - FAQs.