Based on the information available in your return, myTax will automatically display some tax offsets.
The following tax offsets are automatically displayed
Seniors and pensioners (including self-funded retirees)
If you have foreign income and have paid foreign tax
If you have income from Australian super income streams
Tax offsets you will need to select if they are relevant to you
Other tax offsets include:
- Super contributions on behalf of your spouse – if you had a spouse
- Total net medical expenses for disability aids, attendant care or aged care – if you are an Australian resident for tax purposes
- Invalid and invalid carer
- Landcare and water facility
- Early stage venture capital limited partnership
- Early stage investor, and
- any other non-refundable or refundable offsets.
National rental affordability scheme tax offset
If you wish to claim the national rental affordability scheme tax offset, you will need to select Partnerships or Trusts item, even if you have not received any partnership or trust distributions. While the myTax section is specific to partnerships and trusts, all individuals making a claim for this offset must use this section.