Based on the information available in your return, myTax will automatically display some tax offsets.
Tax offsets that are automatically displayed
- Seniors and pensioners (including self-funded retirees) - if you have an Australian Government pension or allowance, or are over 60 years old.
- Foreign income tax offset - if you have foreign income and have paid foreign tax.
- Australian super income stream offset - if you have income from Australian super income streams.
Tax offsets you will need to select if they are relevant to you
- Zone or overseas forces
- Small business income tax offset
- Other tax offsets, which includes
- Super contributions on behalf of your spouse (if you had a spouse)
- Net medical expenses tax offset (if you are an Australian resident for tax purposes)
- Invalid and invalid carer
- Landcare and water facility
- Early stage venture capital limited partnership
- Early stage investor, and
- any other non-refundable or refundable offsets.
National rental affordability scheme tax offset
If you wish to claim the national rental affordability scheme tax offset, you will need to select Partnerships or Trusts, even if you have not received any partnership or trust distributions. While the myTax section is specific to partnerships and trusts, all individuals making a claim for this offset must use this section.