This section is about the following Australian Government payments:
- age pension
- bereavement allowance
- carer payment
- disability support pension, if you have reached age-pension age
- education entry payment
- parenting payment (single)
- widow B pension
- wife pension, if either you or your partner were of age-pension age
- age service pension
- income support supplement
- Defence Force income support allowance (DFISA) where the pension, payment or allowance to which it relates is taxable
- DFISA-like payment from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA)
- Veteran payment
- invalidity service pension, if you have reached age-pension age
- partner service pension.
Do not show at this section
Do not include any Australian Government pensions or allowances that are not taxable. Show these at Tax-free government pensions or benefits in the Income tests section. For more information, see Amounts that you do not pay tax on.
Completing this section
You will need:
- your PAYG payment summary – individual non-business, or
- a letter from the agency that paid your pension, allowance or payment stating the amount you received.
If you do not have this information, contact the agency that paid you.
We have pre-filled your tax return with payment summary information provided to us.
Check for any other payments you received that are not pre-filled and ensure you add them.
- For each Australian Government pension or allowance that has not been pre-filled in your tax return, select Add and enter information into the corresponding fields.
- Select Save.
- Select Save and continue.
You may be entitled to a tax offset on this income. You will need to complete Seniors and pensioners (includes self-funded retirees) in the Offsets section. For more information, see Seniors and pensioners (includes self-funded retirees).These myTax 2018 instructions are about pensions and allowances received from the Australian Government.