ato logo
Search Suggestion:

Partnership income or loss

Last updated 27 June 2018

If the partnership in which you were a partner paid you salary, wages or allowances you must show that income at this section.

You show your share of:

  • any primary production partnership income or loss at Distribution from partnerships under the Primary production section
  • any non-primary production partnership income or loss (excluding any attributed foreign income or other foreign source income) at Distribution from partnerships less foreign income under the Non-primary production section. Ensure that your share of any franked distributions (that may be shown on your distribution statement from the partnership) is included at this field. The amount included should include the amount of any attached franking credits.

Professional income

If the partnership income which you have received, or to which you are entitled, includes income from activities as an author of a literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, or as an inventor, performing artist, production associate or active sportsperson, you must also enter the amount of this taxable professional income in the Other income section. Select Any other income and then Type of payment is 'Special professional income'. You will not be taxed twice on this income.