We use income tests to work out if you:
- can claim certain tax offsets and the amount you are entitled to receive
- can receive some government benefits or concessions
- are entitled to a rebate for your private health insurance
- must pay tax
- must pay Medicare levy surcharge
- have a Higher Education Loan Program, Student Financial Supplement Scheme, Student Start-up Loan, ABSTUDY Student Start-up Loan or Trade Support Loan repayment liability.
We may also pass this information to other government agencies, such as Services Australia, to ensure you are receiving your correct entitlement to government benefits. It will also be used to determine any child support payments.
For more information, see: