Complete myTax by following these instructions. They provide tailored guidance based on your residency status (Australian, Timor-Leste or another country).
- On Personalise return screen, select the following:
- 'You received salary, wages or other income on an income statement/payment summary, Australian Government payments, or First home super saver (FHSS) scheme payment', followed by
- 'Foreign employment income (on an income statement/payment summary)'.
- Click Next.
- On Prepare return screen, alongside 'Income statements and payment summaries' section click 'Add/Edit'.
- In 'Income statements and payment summaries' section, alongside 'Foreign employment income', click 'Add'.
- Show the following details:
- Payer's name
- Payer's ABN (if unknown, leave blank)
- 'Joint Petroleum Development Area (JPDA)' as Foreign employment income type
- Residency status
- Any other details from your income statement or PAYG payment summary – foreign employment
Note: You may need to adjust some amounts from your income statement or PAYG payment summary – foreign employment in myTax. To see if this applies to you, go to Step 5.
myTax will use your answers to complete the schedule of additional information for you.
- If the Residency status you selected is:
- 'A - Australian resident for the whole year', go to Part 1 – Australian Resident.
- 'B - Timor-Leste resident for the whole year', go to Part 2 – Resident of Timor-Leste.
- 'C - Resident of another country for the whole year', go to Part 3 – Resident of another country.
- 'D - Changed residence during the year', you may need to apportion your JPDA income and complete more than one part. You will need to follow the instructions in
- Part 1 for the period that you were an Australian resident
- Part 2 for the period that you were a resident of Timor-Leste
- Part 3 for the period that you were a resident of another country.