Complete this section if you received other taxable allowances or payments you received from the Australian Government that you do not show at:
- Australian Government payments such as JobSeeker Payment, Newstart, Youth Allowance and Austudy, or
- Australian Government payments such as pensions and carer payments.
Australian Government special payments include the following:
- activity supplement, farm financial assessment supplement, the farm household allowance supplement or the farm household allowance relief payment that are paid under the farm household allowance program
- Australian Government emergency payments.
You will need your PAYG payment summary – individual non-business, or a letter from the agency that paid your allowance or payment stating the amount you received. If you do not have this information, contact the agency that paid you.
We pre-fill your tax return with Australian Government special payment information provided to us. Check them, and add any Australian Government special payments you received that have not pre-filled.
To personalise your return to show Australian Government special payments, at Personalise return select:
- You received salary, wages or other income on an income statement/payment summary, Australian Government payments, or First home super saver (FHSS) scheme payment
- Australian Government payments such as JobSeeker Payment, Newstart, Youth Allowance, Austudy, pensions etc
To show your Australian Government special payments, at Prepare return select 'Add/Edit' at the Income statements and payment summaries banner.
At the Australian Government special payments banner:
- For each Australian Government special payment that has not been pre-filled in your tax return, select Add and enter information into the corresponding fields.
- Select Save.
- Select Save and continue when you have completed the Income statements and payment summaries section.