Complete this section if you provided personal services and you either:
- received a PAYG payment summary – business and personal services income showing an X against 'Personal services attributed income'
- had personal services income attributed to you.
Personal services income is income that is:
- mainly a reward for your personal efforts or skills
- generally paid either to you or to a personal services entity (a company, partnership or trust).
If your personal services income is paid to a personal services entity, the income (less certain deductions relating to gaining or producing that income) is attributed to you unless the personal services entity:
- gained the income in the course of conducting a personal services business, or
- promptly paid you the income as salary.
Don't include the following at this section:
- personal services income you received as a sole trader, go to Personal services income.
- if the personal services entity has a net loss relating to your personal services income, then no amount is attributable to you. To claim a deduction for this loss, go to Other deductions.
For an explanation of the rules relating to the attribution of personal services income, see Taxation Ruling TR 2003/6 – Income tax: attribution of personal services income.
You will need:
- your PAYG payment summary – business and personal services income
- details of any other personal services income attributed to you.
If you don't have all your documents, contact the person who paid you.
We pre-fill your tax return with payment summary information provided to us. Check them and add any attributed personal services income you received that has not pre-filled.
To personalise your return to show attributed personal services income, at Personalise return select:
- You received salary, wages or other income on an income statement/payment summary, Australian Government payments, or First home super saver (FHSS) scheme payment
- Attributed personal services income (on a payment summary)
To show your attributed personal services income, at Prepare return select 'Add/Edit' at the Income statements and payment summaries banner.
At the Attributed personal services income banner:
- For each payment summary that has not been pre-filled in your tax return, select Add and enter information into the corresponding fields.
- Select Save.
- Select Save and continue when you have completed the Income statements and payment summaries section.