The following payments are declared at this section:
- age pension
- carer payment (in some circumstances, the carer payment is not taxable and should not be included at this section. Visit Amounts that you do not pay tax on to learn more)
- disability support pension, if you have reached age-pension age
- education entry payment
- parenting payment (single)
- age service pension
- income support supplement
- Defence Force income support allowance (DFISA) where the pension, payment or allowance to which it relates is taxable
- DFISA-like payment from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA)
- Veteran payment
- invalidity service pension, if you have reached age-pension age
- partner service pension (in some circumstances, the partner service pension is not taxable and should not be included at this section. Visit Amounts that you do not pay tax on to learn more).
Don't include any tax-exempt Australian Government pensions. For a list of the most common types of exempt Australian Government pensions, allowances and payments, see Amounts that you do not pay tax on.
You may need to show the amounts that are not taxable at Tax-free government pensions or benefits.
You will need either:
- your PAYG payment summary – individual non-business
- a letter from the agency that paid your pension, allowance or payment stating the amount you received.
If you don't have this information, contact the agency that paid you.
We pre-fill your tax return with Australian Government pension or allowance information provided to us. Check them and add any other Australian Government pensions or allowances you received that have not pre-filled.
To personalise your return to show Australian Government pensions and allowances, at Personalise return select:
- You received salary, wages or other income on an income statement/payment summary, Australian Government payments, or First home super saver (FHSS) scheme payment
- Australian Government payments such as JobSeeker, Youth Allowance, Austudy, pensions etc.
To show your Australian Government pensions and allowances, at Prepare return select 'Add/Edit' at the Income statements and payment summaries banner.
At the Australian Government payments such as pensions and carer payments banner:
- For each Australian Government pension or allowance not pre-filled in your tax return, select Add and enter information into the corresponding fields.
- Select Save.
- Select Save and continue when you have completed the Income statements and payment summaries section.
You may be entitled to a tax offset on this income. You will need to complete Seniors and pensioners (includes self-funded retirees) in the Offsets section.How to report pensions and allowances from the Australian Government when you lodge your return using myTax.