We pre-fill myTax with contact details from your ATO records.
- Are your Phone and email details in myTax up to date?
- Yes – go to step 4.
- No – go to step 2.
- Provide one or more of the following (you need at least one)
- Email address
- Mobile phone number
- Home phone number
- Work phone number.
- Select Save and go to step 4.
- Are your Residential address and Postal address details in myTax up to date?
- Yes – go to step 10.
- No – go to step 5.
- To update your address to an address
- in Australia – go to step 6.
- outside Australia – go to step 7.
- In Search address field, enter an address and make a selection from the drop-down menu.
If your address is not listed in the drop-down menu, select Use entered address and enter your full address in the fields provided.
Go to step 9.
- If the address that requires updating is outside Australia, in the Country field make a selection from the drop-down menu. Go to step 8.
- Enter your full address in the fields provided. Go to step 9.
- Select Save.
- Select Next.
You can enter a ‘care of’ address as a postal address.
To enter a ‘care of’ address, enter ‘C/-‘ into the Search address field and then select Use entered address from the drop-down menu.
Then enter ‘C/-‘ and the applicable name into Address line 1 (for example, C/- John Simons) and a street address or ‘post office’ term in Address line 2 (for example, 22 Field Lane, SYDNEY, 2000 or GPO Box 9990, BRISBANE, 4000).
If you update your contact details in myTax you will only be changing your contact details recorded with the ATO.
To update your contact details for other myGov member services, go to myGov Update your detailsExternal Link.
To update your contact details for myGov security codes (to sign in to myGov) and your myGov Inbox notifications, go to myGov Account settingsExternal Link.How to check or update your contact details when completing your tax return using myTax.