It is important you provide your correct financial institution details as we will pay any tax refund into this account.
We will only pay tax refunds into recognised financial institution accounts located in Australia.
We accept financial institution account details held by:
- you, either solely or jointly – for example, Alan White, White’s Widgets, or Alan & Mary White
- your registered tax agent
- your legal practitioner acting as trustee or executor for you.
You can't choose to have your refund sent to your spouse’s account.
We pre-fill myTax with financial institution details from your ATO records.
- Are your financial institution details displayed in myTax up to date?
- Yes – go to step 4.
- No – go to step 2.
- Provide your current financial institution details. We require
- Bank State Branch (BSB) – this number has six digits (don't include spaces or hyphens).
- Account number – this number has no more than nine digits (don't include spaces or hyphens.
- Account name – when entering the account name, include spaces between each word and initials where required. For example, JQ Citizen. If there are more than 32 characters in the account name, provide the first 32 only. Don't show the account type, such as cheque, savings or mortgage offset.
- Go to step 3.
- Select Save.
- Select Next.