If you have determined that you are eligible to claim but you do not have to lodge a 2011 tax return, you can claim the ETR by using Education tax refund claim and instructions.
You can lodge your completed ETR claim by:
- having a completed Education tax refund claim and instructions form in front of you and phoning us on 13 28 65 - this service is available at any time
- mailing it to us.
If you are lodging both of the following items, you must send them to us together in one envelope:
- Education tax refund claim and instructions (NAT 72621)
- Refund of franking credits for individuals (NAT 4098).
If you did not claim the ETR when lodging your tax return
If you have lodged your tax return and:
- were eligible to claim the ETR in that return but did not, or
- were not eligible to claim the ETR because your claim for FTB Part A had not been approved, and are now eligible to claim the ETR because your claim for FTB Part A has been approved, you can do one of the following:
- refer to Request for amendment of income tax return for individuals
- contact your tax agent and ask for an amendment.