ato logo
Search Suggestion:

About this question

Complete this question if you had tax offsets you need to complete in the supplementary section of the tax return.

Last updated 28 June 2011

You need to use TaxPack 2011 supplement if you were entitled to any of the following tax offsets:

  • tax offset for superannuation contributions on behalf of your spouse
  • tax offset for living in a remote or isolated area of Australia
  • tax offset for serving overseas as a member of the Australian Defence Force or a United Nations armed force
  • tax offset for net medical expenses over the threshold amount
  • tax offset for maintenance of your parent, spouse's parent or invalid relative
  • landcare and water facility tax offset brought forward from an earlier year
  • mature age worker tax offset
  • entrepreneurs tax offset
  • tax offset for interest from the land transport facilities tax offset scheme or infrastructure borrowings scheme
  • tax offset for performing work or services in the Joint Petroleum Development Area (JPDA)
  • foreign income tax offset, which you claimed at item 20.

Were you entitled to any of the above tax offsets?





Read below.

Answering this question

You can find the Tax return for individuals (supplementary section) 2011 at the back of TaxPack 2011 supplement. If you don't have a copy of this supplement, you can get one from most newsagents during the lodgment period (1 July to 31 October 2011). Copies are also available all year from our Publications Distribution Service and shopfronts.

Completing your tax return

Step 1

Complete the details at the top of page 13 on your Tax return for individuals (supplementary section) 2011. Use TaxPack 2011 supplement to complete the TAX OFFSETS section on page 16 of your tax return (supplementary section).

Step 2

Transfer the amount you wrote at TOTAL SUPPLEMENT TAX OFFSETS on page 16 of your tax return (supplementary section) to T on page 5 of your tax return.