You need to use Individual tax return instructions supplement 2012 if you were entitled to any of the following tax offsets:
- tax offset for superannuation contributions on behalf of your spouse
- tax offset for living in a remote or isolated area of Australia
- tax offset for serving overseas as a member of the Australian Defence Force or a United Nations armed force
- tax offset for net medical expenses over the threshold amount
- tax offset for maintenance of your parent, spouse's parent or invalid relative
- landcare and water facility tax offset brought forward from an earlier year
- mature age worker tax offset
- entrepreneurs tax offset
- tax offset for interest from the infrastructure borrowings scheme
- tax offset for performing work or services in the Joint Petroleum Development Area (JPDA)
- foreign income tax offset, which you claimed at item 20.
You can find the Tax return for individuals (supplementary section) 2012 at the back of Individual tax return instructions supplement 2012. If you don't have a copy of this supplement, you can get one from most newsagents during the lodgment period (1 July to 31 October 2012). Copies are also available all year from our Publications Distribution Service.
Complete the details at the top of page 13 on your Tax return for individuals (supplementary section) 2012. Use Individual tax return instructions supplement 2012 to complete the TAX OFFSETS section on page 16 of your tax return (supplementary section).
Transfer the amount you wrote at TOTAL SUPPLEMENT TAX OFFSETS on page 16 of your tax return (supplementary section) to T on page 5 of your tax return.