Did you have any dependent children?
Write 0 at D item IT8, then
For this question, a dependent child is your child who is:
- under 21 years old, or
- 21 to 24 years old and a full-time student
regardless of their income.
The child must be an Australian resident and you must have contributed to their maintenance.
We use this information to determine whether you are entitled to an increase in the income test threshold for the:
- private health insurance rebate
- net medical expenses tax offset, and
- Medicare levy surcharge.
Completing your tax return
Write the number of your dependent children at D item IT8.
Where to go next
- Go to Spouse details - married or de facto.
- Return to main menu Individual tax return instructions.
- Go back to IT7 Child support you paid.